The Emaar Gift Card – Terms & Conditions of use
Please read the terms & conditions of the Emaar Gift Card carefully. Please keep a copy for your records.
- 1.1In these Terms: "We" or "us" or "our" or "the Issuer" or "Emaar" refers to Emaar
- 1.2In these Terms: "You" or "your" means the person who has purchased the Emaar Gift Card and/or the person nominated by the purchaser to use it ("the purchaser" or "the user").
- 1.3In this term: "Retail Merchant" refers to a store, other than an Emaar asset that accepts the Emaar Gift Card as a method of payment.
- 1.4The Emaar Gift Card terms & conditions will apply between you and us in relation to the Emaar Gift Card.
- The Emaar Gift Card Information
- 2.1The Emaar Gift Card is a prepaid card and should be treated like cash in a wallet or purse. Unless the Emaar Gift Card is registered at the website, it cannot be replaced if damage. If the Emaar Gift Card is lost and/or stolen, you will lose any funds held on the Emaar Gift Card. (Subject to Term 5 below.)
- 2.2The Emaar Gift Card will be accepted at all participating Emaar assets as well as participating retail merchants at Emaar Malls, subject to integration.
- 2.3The Emaar Gift Card is not a debit, credit or charge card. It cannot be used to obtain cash via an ATM machine or over the counter (Without prejudice to Term 5 "Redeeming Unspent Funds").
- 2.4At points of sale, the Emaar Gift Card can only be used via an electronic on-line card reader. The PIN code is used only to register online or to obtain information online or by telephone. You are required to keep the Emaar Gift Card safe and secure for the user's own personal use. Any misuse by a third party will be at your risk (see also Term 4 below).
- 2.5The Emaar Gift Card can be loaded in increments of AED 50 with no maximum limit. The purchaser of the Emaar Gift Card must pay the card and activation fee of AED 15, which shall be done in addition to the credit amount loaded onto the Emaar Gift Card. The activation fee will not vary with the amount of money to be loaded to the card. The currency of the Emaar Gift Card is United Arab Emirates Dirham AED.
- 2.6Once purchased, the Emaar Gift Card is non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for any monies, credit or otherwise.
- 2.7There will be no credit or reload allowed onto the Emaar Gift Card. When the balance reaches zero, the card cannot be used any further.
- 2.8It is expected that the Emaar Gift Card may be used at points of sale within Emaar entities that accept the Emaar Gift Card. We will not be liable if you are unable to use the Emaar Gift Card with any seller and we will not be liable for goods and/or services purchased from any seller using the Emaar Gift Card. Additionally, we cannot guarantee that the retail merchants who have agreed to accept the Emaar Gift Card will continue to accept the Emaar Gift Card.
- 2.9The Emaar Gift Card will be valid for 12 months from the date of purchase after which, the Emaar Gift Card is not re-useable or reloadable.
- Using The Emaar Gift Card
- 3.1The Emaar Gift Card is available for purchase at selected guest services desks within The Dubai Mall and Dubai Marina Mall and any of The Address Hotels + Resorts properties.
- 3.2The purchaser will be provided with a PIN code upon purchasing the Emaar Gift Card securely and confidentially to the user. The PIN code is printed on the receipt after sale.
- 3.3If the user is under 16 years of age, the purchaser agrees to ensure that these Terms are understood by the user and that use of the Emaar Gift Card is supervised if required.
- 3.4The user is responsible for keeping track of the available balance on the Emaar Gift Card. To check your balance, you can go to www.emaargiftcard.com and follow the links to sign in, using your 16 digit card number and PIN code. You can also check your balance by calling us on +971 (0) 4 4544 788.
- 3.5Transactions that exceed the remaining Emaar Gift Card balance will be declined at the point of sale. However, the amount that exceeds the remaining Emaar Gift Card balance can be paid using a different payment method provided that the Emaar Gift Card is charged only an amount equivalent to the amount loaded onto or remaining on the Emaar Gift Card.
- 3.6You agree that we can reduce the remaining Emaar Gift Card value by the value of all purchases of goods and services that are authorized by you. Transactions are authorized by you when you:
- 3.6.1swipe your Emaar Gift Card or allow an operator or other person to do so, at an electronic point of sale terminal at a participating retail merchants; or
- 3.6.2give participating retailer details of the Emaar Gift Card and authorize the transaction in some other way approved by that retailer.
- 3.7When you authorize a transaction:
- 3.7.1you are confirming that the transaction correctly represents the purchase price of the goods or services obtained; and
- 3.7.2you are agreeing to pay the amount of that transaction by the addition of the remaining activation fee and the Emaar Gift Card value.
- Loss, Theft, Damage, Misuse
- 4.1If any of the above should occur to the Emaar Gift Card, contact us immediately on +971 (0) 4 4544 788 with your card number and PIN code. The Emaar Gift Card cannot be reissued unless the card is damage.
- 4.2The damaged card will be replaced and loaded with your remaining credit amount to the lowest multiple of AED 50 plus a card re-issue fee of AED 15.
- 4.3This card is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card.
- Redeeming Unspent Funds
- 5.1You should use all of the value of the Emaar Gift Card prior to the expiry date (which is 12 months from the purchase date). No extension of validity can be applied.
- 5.2Any remaining balance on the Emaar Gift Card after the expiry date will be forfeited for the benefit of the Issuer.
- Actions and Changes by Us
- We reserve the right to change the Emaar Gift Card terms & conditions without prior notice. We ma? from time to time take such actions and/or make such changes that we consider to be necessary for the purposes of protecting electronic funds from misuse, fraud prevention, overcoming operational difficulties, complying with applicable law or regulation, or making more efficient the working of the Emaar Gift Card.
These may include (but are not restricted to):
• Making changes to these Terms
• Cancelling the Emaar Gift Card and refunding any balance due
• Declining to authorize transactions
• Suspending or restricting all or part of the operation of the Emaar Gift Card and/or the PIN Code
• Instructing a retail merchant to retain your Emaar Gift Card
- Ownership/Return/Cancellation/Destruction of The Emaar Gift Card
- 7.1You are not entitled to cancel the Emaar Gift Card as a refund is not applicable for the card and/or the remaining credit balance.
- 7.2We may decide to cancel The Emaar Gift Card at any time without informing you in advance. If we do, you will be able to receive the balance remaining on your Emaar Gift Card by going into one of our service counters or an alternative manner that we specify.
- Using Information About You
- 8.1You irrevocably authorize and permit the Issuer to disclose and furnish information concerning you including but not limited to the card governed by these terms & conditions to the Issuer's authorized representatives, subsidiaries, associates, branches, assignees, agents or other connected parties (including the Issuer's third party advisers and marketing partners).
- 8.2The Issuer shall also be at liberty to share necessary information relating to you with the selected Emaar Gift Card brand partners for the purpose of cross selling and marketing of goods and service to you and in relation to which the Issuer has entered into a formal agreement with such partners. You have the option of deselecting such a value added service by expressly notifying the Issuer in writing including your card number.
- 8.3The Issuer shall have an unconditional right to disclose any information in relation to you if such information is generally available to third parties, or is lawfully in our possession, or is sought by a court of competent authority, governmental body or regulatory authority.
- Telephone calls
- Calls to and from us may be monitored and/or recorded for quality control.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- If any provision or part-provision of these terms and conditions becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the provision or part-provision will not form part of these terms and conditions. All remaining terms and conditions will not be affected.
The terms & conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Emirate of Dubai and the Federal Laws of the UAE and you hereby submit irrevocably to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the civil courts of the Emirate of Dubai. Such submission shall however not prejudice the rights of the Issuer to bring proceedings against you in any other jurisdiction.
- Liability and Error Resolution Procedures
- We are not liable for any prohibited use or misuse of the card whatsoever. Furthermore, you acknowledge that The Emaar Gift Card may not be used:
- 11.1To purchase goods or services that a retail merchant is not permitted to supply to you (for example, a retail merchant cannot by law sell certain products to you if you are under 18/21 years of age or if such retailer is not licensed to sell such products) for purchases over the Internet or by email, phone or fax.
- 11.2We are not liable for any failed transaction if you do not have sufficient funds on your Emaar Gift Card to cover a transaction, the terminal or system is not working properly, circumstances beyond our control prevent the transaction, or the merchant authorizes an amount greater than the purchase amount.
- 11.3If there is a problem or dispute with a purchase of goods or services, you must address it directly with the merchant involved. Refunds and returns are subject to the retail merchant's policies or applicable law. In case of other errors on your Emaar Gift Card account, contact us immediately on +971 (0) 4 4544 788.
- 11.4If you have a complaint specifically about the Emaar Gift Card, please contact us using the contact information detailed:
Loyalty Marketing - EBP 3/3
Emaar Gift Card
PO Box 9440
+971 (0) 4 4544 788
- Force Majeure
- To the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage (whether direct or consequential), nor be in default under these Emaar Gift Card terms & conditions, for failure to observe or perform any of our obligations for any reason or cause which could not, with reasonable diligence, be controlled or prevented. These causes include, but are not limited to, acts of God, acts of nature, acts or omissions of government or their agencies, strikes or other industrial action, fire, flood, storm, riots, power shortages or failures, sudden and unexpected system failure or disruption by war or sabotage, and other acts or omissions of third parties.
- Partial Invalidity
- In any one or more phrases, sentences, clauses, or paragraphs contained in these Emaar Gift Card terms & conditions shall be declared invalid by the unappeasable order, decree or judgment of any court, the Emaar Gift Card Terms and Conditions shall be construed as if such phrases, sentences, clauses or paragraphs had not been inserted in the Emaar Gift Card terms & conditions.
- We may assign any or all of our rights and obligations hereunder to any third party as we freely deem fit.